Hippo Snack Bag Topper-JMRush
Approximate size: W 6.75” x H 6”
This snack bag topper features character arms and head that fold over a resealable plastic bag. This design is perfect for Valentine’s Day or birthday parties. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase this design here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided cardstock for the topper base).
2. Fold the score lines. Glue the hippo face with teeth to the solid hippo face base. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the smaller heart to the larger one.
3. Glue the hippo face without teeth to the combined hippo face. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the nose to the combined face and then the combined hippo face to the topper base. Glue the combined hearts to the monkey’s tummy.
4. Using a foam adhesive square, attach the tail to the hippo’s backside.
5. Apply hot glue to the inside of the topper base just underneath the score lines, where the arms fold over. (You want to make sure that the arms can still fold down.)
6. Center and secure your open resealable plastic bag to the hot glue line. Make sure that only one side of the plastic bag is glued down so that you can still open it. I used a snack sized plastic bag (W 6.5” x H 4.25”) Fill with treats. I finished the hippo with enamel adhesive dots to accent the eyes and ribbon:)