Monkey Hug Treat Box-JMRush
Approximate box size: W 3.25” x D 2.25 x H .75” (H 4.25” including Monkey head)
This treat box features character arms that open to a small treat box. This design is perfect for Valentine’s Day or birthday parties. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided cardstock for the card base).
2. Glue the monkey head to the monkey head solid base. Using a piece of foam adhesive square, attach the hair tuft to the coordinating shape on the box base.
3. Glue the monkey face to the combined monkey head piece. Glue the ear pieces and cheeks into place.
4. Using a foam adhesive square, attach the muzzle to the nose to the combined face. Fold the box base along score lines. It is not necessary to fold the score lines closest to the tip of each hoof.
5. Apply glue to the two top tabs and secure them to the top (head) panel.
6. Apply glue to the bottom two tabs and secure them to the bottom panel creating a box.
7. -8.Apply glue to the bottom of the bottom section of the narrow strip. Attach to the back of the box.
9.-10. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the head on the front of the box and the tail on the back.
11. -12. The paws tuck into the slots on the narrow strip in the center. Attach a foam adhesive square in the center of this strip and secure the heart into place. I finished the monkey with enamel adhesive dots to accent the eyes and a ribbon for a girl monkey:)