3D Heart 4x6 Photo Frame - JMRush
Finished Frame Dimensions: W 7 1/8"X H 5 1/4" X D 5/8”
This easy to construct, two piece frame can be used vertically or horizontally and features a fold out stand, decorative heart cut outs, and two 3-D hearts. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats. The 3-D hearts can also be used separately.
1.Cut out the design pieces. ( there is a rectangle shape absent from this image that is inserted at the end of the tutorial:)
2.- 5. Fold the score lines on the hearts. Apply glue to the backside of one half of one of the hearts and join it to the back half of another. Repeat this step until all 5 of this size heart is joined.
6. Repeat for the smaller sized hearts. Flip the frame base over.
7. Pre-fold all the score lines on the edges of the frame base folding them inward toward the center.
8. Insert the tabs of the frame base into the frame base slots on the other frame base piece.
9. Align and center the two pieces.
10. -12. Glue the the inside tabs and secure into place. On the backside, apply glue to the the inside of the tab and secure to the other frame base.
13. Starting on the top edge of the frame base, apply hot glue to the very edge.
14. Place the glued edge down so that it is in alignment with the bottom score line. This is form a box.
15. Roll the box inward toward the center of the frame. This action will apply glue to the base of the frame. Hold until the glue is secure. Repeat this step for each side. (Be careful to only apply glue to the edge of each side so that the stand on the base of the frame will have mobility later and so your photo will insert easy)
16.-18. Fold the score lines on each side of each tuck tab. Apply a dab of hot glue. Fold the tab into the tab hole and hold until the glue is secure. Repeat for each tab.
19. -21.Apply glue to the inside of the frame careful not to glue the stand section ( the section with the score lines). You can pre-fold the stand out at this point. Place the rectangle piece inside, center, and secure into place. The edges of the frame will flex upward to allow this piece ( and your photo later) to fit inside.
22. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the combined heart to the frame.
23. I finished the frame with ribbon and an enamel dot on the ribbon:)