Turtle Hug Treat Box-JMRush
Approximate box size: W 3.25” x D 2.50 x H .75” (H 4” including Turtle head)
This treat box features character arms that open to a small treat box. This design is perfect for Valentine’s Day or birthday parties. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase this design here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided cardstock for the card base).
2. Fold the box base along score lines. It is not necessary to fold the score lines closest to the tip of each hand.
3. Apply glue to the two top tabs and secure them to the top (head) panel.
4. Apply glue to the bottom two tabs and secure them to the bottom panel creating a box.
5. Glue the turtle head to the turtle head solid base. Glue the solid shell to the shell with cut outs centering it and matching it up at the bottom straight edge.
6. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the head on the front of the box and the shell to the back of the box. Apply glue to the bottom of the bottom section of the narrow strip. Attach to the back of the box.
7.-9. Using a foam adhesive square in the center of the center strip attach the heart in place. The paws tuck into the slots on the narrow strip in the center. I finished the turtle with enamel adhesive dots to accent the eyes:)