Valentine Lattice Lantern (Flameless)-JMRush
Lantern size: W 3 x D 3 x H 7”
This Flameless Valentine Lattice Lantern features cut outs and when vellum paper is used, a layered transparent frosted effect is created. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
1.Cut design pieces. ( This picture shows the small heart detail stacked)
2. Flip the two lantern base pieces over. Center the heart panels to each window in the lantern base face down. Apply glue and secure into place.
3. Glue the vellum rectangles on top of the heart panels, centering each one.
4. Fold all score lines.
5.Apply glue to the long side tab of the lantern window base and secure to the other lantern window base piece.
6. This is what it should look like:)
7.-9. Glue the circular hangers together. ( Make sure the stems of this piece remain separate) Glue one of the stems to the inside of the top of the third from the left window panel. (The other stem will be glued inside the lantern later)
10.Flip the lantern so the face is up. Glue the open rectangle pieces to each window.
11. Flip the lantern face down again. Apply glue to the top tab and to the side long tab on the very left side.
12. Secure the Long side tab to the other side creating a box.
Applying glue to one top tab at a time, begin to secure the top tabs to the inside of the next angled triangle. The other Circular hanger stem will be glued to the inside of the opposite side of the lantern.
13. Finish securing all of the top tabs.
14. Apply glue to the top tabs of the Lantern square base and secure to the inside of the sides.
15. Repeat for the bottom tabs creating a shallow box.
16. Glue the small open heart design to the solid heart.
17. Using a foam adhesive square, attach the combined hearts to the heart base.
15. Place the lantern top in it’s base. Finish with a ribbon and place a flameless candle inside:) I used another adhesive square to attach the heart to the top of the lantern.