Puppy Hug Treat Box-JMRush
Approximate box size: W 3.25” x D 2.50 x H .75” (H 4.25” including Puppy head)
This treat box features character arms that open to a small treat box. This design is perfect for Valentine’s Day or birthday parties. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase this design here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided cardstock for the card base). (The puppy’s tail and heart are not shown in this tutorial image)
2. Fold the box base along score lines. It is not necessary to fold the score lines closest to the tip of each paw.
3. Apply glue to the two top tabs and secure them to the top (head) panel.
4. Apply glue to the bottom two tabs and secure them to the bottom panel creating a box.
5. Glue the puppy face with the smallest eye holes to the solid puppy face base.
6. Tuck the tongue into the mouth of the third face piece and glue into place. Glue the third puppy face on top of the combined puppy face piece. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the nose to the muzzle piece.
7. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the combined muzzle piece to the combined puppy face and also attach the completed head to the front of the box.
8. Apply glue to the bottom of the bottom section of the narrow strip. Attach to the back of the box.
9.-10. The paws tuck into the slots on the narrow strip in the center. Attach a foam adhesive square in the center of this strip and secure the heart into place. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the the tail on the back. I finished the puppy with enamel adhesive dots to accent the eyes:)