Love Bug Card-JMRush
Approximate Card size: 3.5 ” x 5.25”
This card features Lady Bug wings that open to a card section. This design is compatible with both 8X12
and 12X12 mats. Two five inch strips of ribbon are needed to complete this card.
1.Cut design pieces. ( I used double sided black cardstock for the the card base.)
2. Glue the Oval shape to the center of the card base. Glue the lettering to the the lettering base.
3.Cut two five inch strips of ribbon.
4. Apply a dab of glue to the back side of one of the wing sections in between the slot and the heart cutout. ( I used hot glue for this part)
5. Feed the ribbon through the front side of the wing piece wrapping it around the backside leaving a little bit hanging over the edge of the heart cut out.
6. Secure the ribbon in the glue on the back side and then fold and glue the excess edge of the ribbon to the front of the wing section.
7. Apply another dab of glue on the front side of the wing section between the slot and the heart cut out ( on top of the folded ribbon) and secure the length of the ribbon, pulling it so there is no slack in the ribbon.
8. Repeat for the other wing section.
9. Fold the card along score lines. Apply glue to the backside of one of the wing sections. Center and secure to the outside of the matching card base wing section. Repeat for the other wing section.
10. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the head to the card base and the eyes to the eye solid base.
11. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the combined eyes to the head piece and the circles to the ends of the antennas.
12. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the lettering to the front of the card and tie the ribbon:)