Ladybug Hug Treat Box-JMRush
Approximate box size: W 3.25” x D 2.25 x H .75” (H 3.5” including ladybug head)
This treat box features character arms that open to a small treat box. This design is perfect for Valentine’s Day or birthday parties. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided cardstock for the card base).
2.-3. Using foam adhesive squares, secure the circles to on ends of the antennas on the face and the eyes to the eye base.
4. Flip the card base over and glue the wing design pieces to the wing sections of the box base. Using a foam adhesive square, attach the combined eyes to the face.
5. Flip the card base back over so that the wing design in facing down.
Attach the face to the box base using another foam adhesive square.
6. Fold the box base along score lines. It is not necessary to fold the score lines closest to tip of each wing.
7. Apply glue to the two top tabs and secure them to the top (head) panel.
8. Apply glue to the bottom two tabs and secure them to the bottom panel creating a box.
9. Apply glue to the bottom of the bottom section of the narrow strip. Attach to the back of the box.
10.-11. The wings tuck into the slots on the narrow strip in the center. Attach a foam adhesive square in the center of this strip and secure the heart into place. I used small adhesive enamel dots to enhance the eyes:)