Rose Lantern (Flameless)-JMRush
Lantern size: W 3 x D 3 x H 7”
This flameless candle lantern features four rose design panels and when vellum paper is used, a layered frosted effect is created. The file also includes a 3D rose design that can be used independently. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided cardstock for all design pieces)
2. Flip the two lantern base pieces over. Center the vellum rectangles over the openings in the lantern base. Apply glue and secure into place.
3.-4. Glue the circular hangers together. ( Make sure the stems of this piece remain separate) Glue one of the stems to the top of the third from the left window panel. (The other stem will be glued inside the lantern later)
5. Flip the lantern base face up. Glue the solid rose base and stem/leaves onto the lantern base.
6. Glue the rose detail on top of the rose base.
7. Glue the detailed stem/leaves on top of the stem/leaves base.
8. Glue the separate detailed leaves to their coordinating bases.
9.-10. Fold the score lines on the lantern base. Apply glue to the top tabs of the Lantern square base and secure to the inside of the sides. Repeat for the bottom tabs creating a shallow box.
11. Flip the lantern base over ( pretty side down). Fold all score lines. Apply glue to the long side tab in the middle of the lantern window base pieces and secure to the other lantern window base piece.
12. This is what it should look like:)Apply glue to the other long side tab and attach to the inside of the other side creating a box.
13. -17. Applying glue to one top tab at a time, begin to secure the top tabs to the inside of the next angled triangle. The other Circular hanger stem will be glued to the inside of the opposite side of the lantern. Glue and secure all top tabs.
18. Glue the centers of the two largest rose petal designs together and the two smaller petal designs together staggering the petals.
19. Curve the flower petals as you like and secure the two combined flower sections together.
19. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the combined rose and leaves to the top of the lantern.
20. Place the lantern top in it’s base. Finish with a ribbon and place a flameless candle inside.