Hippo Hug Treat Box-JMRush
Approximate box size: W 3.25” x D 2.25 x H .75” (H 4.25” including hippo head)
This treat box features character arms that open to a small treat box. This design is perfect for Valentine’s Day or birthday parties. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase this design here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided cardstock for the card base).
2. Fold the box base along score lines. It is not necessary to fold the score lines closest to the tip of each hoof.
3. Apply glue to the two top tabs and secure them to the top (head) panel.
4. Apply glue to the bottom two tabs and secure them to the bottom panel creating a box.
5. Glue the hippo face with the teeth to the solid hippo face base.
6. Glue the third hippo face on top of the combined puppy face piece. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the the muzzle piece to the combined face.
7. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the completed head to the front to the box. Apply glue to the bottom of the bottom section of the narrow strip. Attach to the back of the box.
8.-9. The paws tuck into the slots on the narrow strip in the center. Attach a foam adhesive square in the center of this strip and secure the heart into place. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the the tail on the back. I finished the hippo with enamel adhesive dots to accent the eyes and a hair bow:)