Owl Hug Treat Box-JMRush
Approximate box size: W 3.25” x D 2.25 x H .75” (H 4” including Owl head)
This treat box features character arms that open to a small treat box. This design is perfect for Valentine’s Day or birthday parties. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase this design here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided cardstock for the card base).
2. Fold the box base along score lines. It is not necessary to fold the score lines closest to the tip of each wing.
3. Apply glue to the two top tabs and secure them to the top (head) panel.
4. Apply glue to the bottom two tabs and secure them to the bottom panel creating a box.
5. Glue the second largest eye circles (2 pieces) to the eye base (one piece). Glue the two smallest circles to the two circles that are a bit larger.
6. Glue the two sets of eyes together.
7. Glue the small triangular beak between the eyes. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the combined eye/beak piece to Owl head piece that has ear cut outs. Attach this combined head piece to the front of the box base.
8. Insert the inner ear pieces into the slots of the combined head piece and glue to the box base. Use a small dab of glue on back of tips of the ears on the combined head piece and secure to the box base.
9. Apply glue to the bottom of the bottom section of the narrow strip. Attach to the back of the box.
10.-11. The paws tuck into the slots on the narrow strip in the center. Attach a foam adhesive square in the center of this strip and secure the heart into place. I finished the owl with enamel adhesive dots to accent the eyes and a hair bow:)