Cat Hug Gift Card Holder-JMRush
Approximate Card size: 4” x 5.75”
This card features character arms that open to release a hidden gift card section. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats and can be cut on different colored cardstock to create any color of Cat.
1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided cardstock for the card base)
2. Fold the card along score lines.
3. Apply glue the bottom of the side tabs on the card base. Secure by folding upward toward the card base.
4.Glue the head shape with eye cut outs on the solid head base. Glue the small muzzle piece to the larger one and glue the nose on the small muzzle piece.
5. Glue the circular medallion piece to the combined head piece centering it in the my circular shape at the bottom. Glue the collar strip to the combined head piece.
6. -7. Apply a small dab of glue to the narrow strip of the backside of the combined muzzle piece and use foam adhesive squares on the bottom backside of this piece to attach to the combined head piece. The narrow strip will be glued flat to the surface of the combined head piece and the lower part of the muzzle will have more dimension. Insert the inner ear shape pieces to the corresponding shapes on the combined head piece (optional- I did not use them on the image above).
8. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the head to the card base.
The gift card can be inserted into the pocket of the card base and the hands tuck into the slots on the front. Attach the Heart to the front of the card base in-between the Cat’s paws. I used a ribbon to decorate the heart and enamel dots to enhance the eyes.
9. -12. Cut 6 small strips of black sewing thread. Using a toothpick or other small pointed instrument, apply a dab of glue into each of the whisker holes on the combined muzzle piece. Insert the small sections of black sewing thread into each of the holes tucking them underneath the muzzle shape. Allow to dry completely. :)