Lady Bug Holding Heart Box-JMRush
Approximate box size: W 2.5” x D 1 x H 4”
This Heart Box is perfect to hold your goodies for Valentine’s Day or birthday parties. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase this design here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
- The Box- Cut the box base design.
- Flip the box base over ( pretty side down and curved tab up) Fold score lines.
- Apply glue to the two small vertical side tabs at the bottom of the box base.
- Secure the two small vertical side tabs to the 1 inch (width) rectangles just above them.
- Apply glue to the very left corner of the horizontal tab just below the two side tabs that you just glued. ( My finger is pointing to the section in the photo:) Secure this corner to the vertical tab to the left.
- Apply glue to the topside of the same vertical tab and secure the final panel creating a complete box.
- - 9.The tab fits into the slot to close.
The Lady Bug-
1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided cardstock for the body piece with legs)
2. Glue the legged body piece to the solid body piece. Glue the eye piece with eye ball cut outs to it’s solid base. Use foam adhesive squares to stack the hearts from largest on bottom to smallest on top.
3. Center and glue the stacked hearts to the curved piece ( looks like a smile).Use foam adhesive squares to attach the lady bug heart piece to the top of the combined body piece and the combined eyes to the head piece.
4. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the combined head piece and the small circles to the antennas. ( I cut the squares to make them small enough for the antenna dots) Curve the lady bug legs as you like. Glue the combined stacked hearts to the inside of the top two leg dots. ( I used hot glue)
5. Center and line up the bottom of the box and the lady bug. Use foam adhesive dots to secure your completed lady bug to the box:)