3D Smart Candy Rose-JMRush
Approximate size: 2.5” x 4”
This 3D flower has an opening on the bottom of the stem which is the perfect size for a roll of “Smarties” (sweet tart) candy. Use as a single flower for Valentine’s day classroom/office parties or combine them to make a sweet tart rose bouquet for your special someone. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase this design here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided cardstock for the flower petals).
2. Flip the stem base over ( pretty side down). Fold the stem base inward along score lines.
3.- 5. Apply glue the top side of one of the inner most edges and secure to the bottom side of the adjacent edge creating a tube shape. Insert your “Smarties” candy roll.
6. Curve and shape the flower petals as you like. I curved the two larger pieces downward toward the table and the two smaller I curved each individual petal inward toward each petals vertical center forming a circular shape.
7.Use a foam adhesive square to attach the two smaller petal sections together and the two larger petal sections together alternating the petals.
8. Use another foam adhesive square to attach the two sections together, again alternating the petals.
9. Apply glue to the inside of the oval shapes on the stem base. I used hot glue.
10. Attach your combined flower to the oval shapes on the stem base.
11. I applied hot glue to the very base of each layer of flower petal and arranged/attached the next layer to shape the rose.
12. -13. Insert the leaves into the stem base just under the flower petal and in-between the ovals on the stem base. Glue them into place attaching them to the bottom of the rose.
14.-15. I inserted an adhesive jewel in the center of the rose.