Dinosaur Open Mouth Treat Box-JMRush
Approximate box size: W 2.5” x D 1 x H 4” (W 3.25 x H 4.75 with Dinosaur Head)
This box opens by lifting the character’s head to to expose the opening to the treat box. This simple to construct design would be perfect to hold your goodies for Valentine’s Day or birthday parties. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase this design here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
- The Box- Cut the box base design. ( I used double sided cardstock)
- Fold score lines.
- Apply glue to the two small vertical side tabs at the bottom of the box base.
- Secure the two small vertical side tabs to the 1 inch (width) rectangles just above them.
- Apply glue to the very right corner of the horizontal tab just below the two side tabs that you just glued. ( My finger is pointing to the section in the photo:) Secure this corner to the vertical tab to the right.
- Apply glue to the topside of the same vertical tab and secure the final panel creating a complete box.
- - 9.The tab fits into the slot to close.
The Dinosaur or Alligator-crocodile:)
1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided cardstock)
2. Glue the open oval teeth piece to long mouth base base. Glue the small head piece to it’s matching teeth piece. Fold the score lines on the long mouth base.
3. Glue the combined head to the top of the long mouth base.
4. Glue the bottom of the combined pieces to the box centering it around the oval cut out. I placed the slotted opening of the box at the top of the dinosaurs head.
5. Fill with goodies.
6. I used adhesive enamel dots to accent his eyes:)