Cross Lantern with Lily (Flameless)-JMRush
Lantern size: W 3 x D 3 x H 7”
This Flameless Cross Lantern features cut outs and when vellum paper is used, a layered frosted glass effect is created. The Lily flower can be used independently. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided card stock)
2. Glue the vellum paper to the back sides of the window panels.
3. Fold all score lines.
4.Apply glue to bottom side of the long side tab of the lantern window base and secure to the other lantern window base piece.
5. Flip the joined lantern windows over so the front is facing you again. This is what it should look like. Apply glue to the backsides of the individual Cross panels. Secure them to the outside of the lantern centering them with each lantern window.
6. Glue the circular hangers together. ( Make sure the stems of this piece remain separate)
7. Flip the joined later windows over ( The long side tab should be on your right). Glue one of the stems of the Circular hanger to the inside of the top of the third cross panel.
8. Apply glue to the top tab and to the side long tab on the very left side.
9. Secure the Long side tab to the other side creating a box.
10. Begin to secure the top tabs to the inside of the next angled triangle.
11. -12. Glue the other Circular hanger stem to the inside of the opposite side of the lantern. Finish securing all of the top tabs.
13. Apply glue to the top tabs of the Lantern square base and secure to the inside of the sides.
14. Repeat for the bottom tabs creating a shallow box.
15. Glue the matching flower petals together. You may have to turn the petals to get them to match up. ( bottoms together so you have pretty on each side.)
16. Glue the Flower stamen pieces together ( bottoms together so you have pretty on each side.)
17.-18. Place the flower petal section with a smaller center underneath the flower petal section with a circular shape. Center and tuck the top layer of petals under the bottom petals to join the flower sections.
19. Curve the Flower stamen combined piece so that all of the oval sections are on top. Curve the flower petals as you like.
20. Curve the leaves. Glue the stamen section to the center of the combined flower petals.
21. Place a flameless candle inside the lantern base and place the lantern top inside the base. Glue the leaves and lily into place. Finish with ribbon and enamel opal adhesive dots in the center of each cross.