Approximate box size: W 2.5” x D 1 x H 4” (5” x5” with the monkey attached)
This Heart Box is perfect to hold your goodies for Valentine’s Day or birthday parties. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase this design here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
- The Box- Cut the box base design.
- Flip the box base over ( pretty side down and curved tab up) Fold score lines.
- Apply glue to the two small vertical side tabs at the bottom of the box base.
- Secure the two small vertical side tabs to the 1 inch (width) rectangles just above them.
- Apply glue to the very left corner of the horizontal tab just below the two side tabs that you just glued. ( My finger is pointing to the section in the photo:) Secure this corner to the vertical tab to the left.
- Apply glue to the topside of the same vertical tab and secure the final panel creating a complete box.
- - 9.The tab fits into the slot to close.
1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided cardstock for the body piece with arms and legs) Glue the largest monkey face with cutouts and ears to the solid monkey face base. Glue the smaller face to the combined monkey face piece. Glue the inner ears and cheeks to the coordinating shapes on the combined monkey face. Use a small piece of foam adhesive square to attach the nose. Use foam adhesive squares to stack the hearts from largest on bottom to smallest on top.
2. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the monkey combined head to the body base.
3. use a foam adhesive square to attach the monkey tail to the monkey’s backside.
4. Glue the combined stacked hearts to the inside of the monkey’s hands.( I used hot glue) This will make the monkey’s arms curve inward. You may need to press down gently on the monkey’s arms to position the heart where you like it.
5. - 6.Curve the monkey’s legs as you like. Use foam adhesive squares to secure your completed monkey to the box:)