Winter Woodland Lantern (Flameless)-JMRush
Lantern size: W 3 x D 3 x H 7”
This Flameless Snowflake Lantern features cut outs and when vellum paper is used, a layered frosted glass effect is created. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
1.Cut design pieces. ( The trees are easier to remove from the mat if you work them off starting at the bottom.)
2. Glue the coordinating panels together-(Larger one goes on the back)
3. Apply glue to the edges of the backside of the combined panels.
4.Attach the vellum rectangles to the backside of the panels.
5.Flip the lantern base over (pretty side down) Glue the panels on the lantern base.
6. You will need to flip the lantern over to check to make sure each panel is aligned and centered.
7.Fold all score lines.
8. Apply glue to the bottom of the long side tab on the very right side of the first lantern base section. Align the other lantern base section and secure the long side tab.
9. Apply glue to the bottom of the long side tab on the very right side of the combined lantern base section. Secure it to the inside of the other side creating a box.
10. Glue the circular hangers together. ( Make sure the stems of this piece remain separate)
11. Apply glue to the outside of one of the stems.
12. Glue one of the stems to the inside of the top of the window panel that you want to be the front of your lantern.
13.Apply glue to the top tab next to the circular hanger you just placed. Begin to secure the top tabs to the inside of the next angled triangle.
14. Apply glue to the remaining circular hanger stem. Continue to secure the top tabs. Attach the other Circular hanger stem to the inside of the opposite side of the lantern.
15. Apply glue to the top tabs of the Lantern square base and secure to the inside of the sides.
16. Repeat for the bottom tabs creating a shallow box.
17. Finish with a ribbon and place a flameless candle inside by lifting the lantern top off of the lantern base. I used a color changing flameless candle to create the color in the image above:)