Poinsettia 3D 4x6 Photo Frame - JMRush
Finished Frame Dimensions: W 7 1/8"X H 5 1/4" X D 5/8”
This easy to construct, two piece frame can be used vertically or horizontally and features a fold out stand and a decorative poinsettia. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats. Poinsettia flower and leaves can also be used separately.
You can purchase this design here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1. Cut out design piece.
2. Insert the tabs of the frame base into the frame base slots.
3. 4. Align and center the pieces. On the backside. Apply glue to the inside of the tabs and secure into place.
5. Pre-fold all scored lines on the edges of the frame folding them inward toward the center. Fold all score lines on the flower pieces. For each set of the flowers- fold one in and one out.
6. Line up the points of the Largest flower set. Make sure you have one flower fold down and one up. Glue the center to secure it together.
7. Apply glue to the flower edges.
8. Secure the point pieces together working your way around the flower until all points are glued together. Repeat for the other two flower sets.
9. Attach a foam adhesive square to the center of the two largest flowers.
10. Attache the flower sections together staggering the points. Largest on bottom ascending to the smallest. Shape the petals of the flower as you like.
11. I used 4 small adhesive jewels in the center of the poinsettia . Curve the leaves as you like.
12. Starting on the top edge of the frame base, apply hot glue to the very edge.
13. Place the glued edge down so the it is in alignment with the bottom score line. This will form a box.
14. Roll the box inward toward the center of the frame. This action will apply the glue edge to the base of the frame. Hold until the glue is secure.
15.-21. Repeat this steps for each of the frame sides. Be careful to only apply glue to the edge of each side so that the stand leg on the base of the frame will have mobility later and so inserting your photo is easy:)
22. Fold in the score lines on each side of each tab. Apply a dab of hot glue. Fold the tab into the tab hole and hold until the glue is secure.
23. Repeat for each tab.
24.Insert your photo by sliding it into place. The sides of the frame will lift up a bit to ease the photo insertion.
25. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the poinsettia and leaves onto your 3D frame:)