Poinsettia Tea Light (Flameless)-JMRush
Approximate Dimensions: W 8” x D 7” X H 2”
This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats and when vellum paper is used, an opaque lantern effect is created.
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
- Cut design pieces. (I used double sided card stock and vellum paper)
- Match up the petal outline shapes with the coordinating vellum shapes. (You may need to rotate the matched sets to get them to align as they are irregular shapes)
- Glue the coordinating vellum pieces to the backside of the outline flowers. (I did not glue the inside vein designs of the petals).
- Repeat for all of the flower combinations.
- Fold the tabs of the tea light base ( long narrow strip with tabs) and curve the flower petals as you like. Fold the score lines in the leaf piece.
- Tuck the end tab into the slot creating a circular tube shape. I applied a small dab of glue on the tab to hold in place.
- Image of the tab in the slot.
- Place the narrow circular ring pieces over the tube shape you just created.
- Apply glue to the outside of one of the rows of tabs and secure to the narrow ring. Repeat for the other set of tabs and circular ring.
- Image of the tabs secured.
- Apply glue to the tops of the ring and tabs.
- Secure the thicker circular ring to the top.
- Image of this step completed.
- Place a flameless votive candle inside the tube. Apply glue to the tops of the ring and tabs. Secure the thicker circular ring to the top.
- Apply glue to the center ring on the backside of the leaf piece. Center and secure to the tea light base.
- Fold the tabs of the combined flower petal pieces. One set folds up and the other down. Apply glue to the tabs that are folded up.
- Place the other large combined flower petal piece to this piece and align the tabs together. ( petals will be staggered) Secure each of the tabs together. This will create a space in between the flower sections.
- Glue the centers of the three smaller combined flower petals together. Largest on bottom and smallest on top and alternating the petals.
- This is what it should look like. I used enamel adhesive dots to decorate the center flower piece.
- Glue the set of three combined flower petals to the set of two larger combined flower petals; alternating the petals. Apply glue to the bottom center of the combined flower piece and attach to the tea light base piece. ( I used hot glue for this)
- Push down the center of the combined flower piece so that the tea light flame is showing.
- Glue the flower center in the center of your creation:)