Pilgrim Girl Hug Treat Box-JMRush
Approximate box size: W 3.” x D 2.25 x H .75”
(W 3.75” X H 5” including character)
This treat box features character arms that open to a small treat box. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided card stock for the box base).
2. Glue the full pilgrim head with eye cut outs to the slightly larger one with a scalloped bottom. Glue the pilgrim face with large eye openings to the pilgrim face base that has smaller eye openings. Glue the two hand pieces to the cuff base pieces with scalloped edges.
3. Glue the combined pilgrim face pieces to the combined pilgrim head piece. Glue the pilgrim hair to the combined combined head piece. Fold the score lines on the box base.
4. Glue the combined pilgrim head to the box base. Glue the larger half oval shaped hat piece to the combined pilgrim on the box base.
5. I used a small piece of foam square adhesive to attach the brim of the hat and added enamel dots to the pilgrim’s eyes.
6. Apply glue to the two top tabs of the box base and secure them to the top (head) panel.
7. Apply glue to the bottom two tabs and secure them to the bottom panel creating a box.
8. Apply glue to the bottom tab of the center narrow strip section. Secure the center narrow strip tab to the backside of the inside of the box.
9. Glue the hands to the coordinating shapes on the box base hands. The hands tuck into the slots of the center strip. Glue the apron piece on the front of the box:)