Leaf 3D 4x6 Photo Frame - JMRush
Finished Frame Dimensions: W 7 1/8"X H 5 1/4" X D 5/8”
Fits 4X6 photos.
This easy to construct, two piece frame can be used vertically or horizontally and features a fold out stand and a decorative leaves. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase the SVG and Cricut file here:
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1. Cut out design piece. ( I used double sided card stock)
2. Insert the tabs of the frame base into the frame base slots.
3. Image of step 2 completed.
4.-5. Align and center the pieces. On the backside. Apply glue to the inside of the tabs and secure into place.
6. Pre-fold all scored lines on the edges of the frame folding them inward toward the center. Fold all score lines on the flower pieces. For each set of the flowers- fold one in and one out.
7. Starting on the right side of the frame base, apply hot glue to the very edge.
8. Place the glued edge down so the it is in alignment with the bottom score line. This will form a box.
9. Roll the box inward toward the center of the frame. This action will apply the glue edge to the base of the frame. Hold until the glue is secure.
10.-15. Repeat this steps for each of the frame sides. Be careful to only apply glue to the edge of each side so that the stand leg on the base of the frame will have mobility later and so inserting your photo is easy:)
16.-18. Fold in the score lines on each side of each tab. Apply a dab of hot glue. Fold the tab into the tab hole and hold until the glue is secure. Repeat for each tab.
19. Match up the leaves and glue the smaller leaves to the larger ones.
20. Curve your combined leaves as you like.
21. Insert your photo by sliding it into place. The sides of the frame will lift up a bit to ease the photo insertion.
22.-23. Glue the largest combined leaves in the corners of the frame. Note: This frame can be used horizontal ( as shown) or vertical. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the middle sized leaves. I used a dab of glue on the stem to secure the bottom of the middle sized leaves. Glue the smallest combined leaves to the frame:)