Polar Bear Hug Treat Box-JMRush
Approximate box size: W 3.” x D 2.25 x H .75”
(W 3” X H 4.5” including character)
This treat box features character arms that open to a small treat box. This design is perfect for Winter classroom parties or for small Christmas goodies.This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided card stock for the box base).
2. Glue the puff ball to the hat piece. Glue the cuff pieces to the edges of the mittens. Use a foam adhesive square to attach the nose to the oval muzzle piece. Fold the score lines on the box base.
3. Apply glue to the two top tabs of the box base and secure them to the top (head) panel.
4. Apply glue to the bottom two tabs and secure them to the bottom panel creating a box.
5. Apply glue to the bottom tab of the center narrow strip section. Secure the center narrow strip tab to the backside of the inside of the box.
6. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the combined hat to the back of the coordinating shape on the box base. Using foam pieces of adhesive squares, attach the hat brim piece to the front of the box base. (Align both pieces with the contour of the head shape of the box base). Glue the tiny end points of the hat brim to the box base.
7. Glue the eyes just under the hat brim and use a foam adhesive square to attach the combined nose/muzzle piece. Glue the combined mittens to the coordinating shapes on the box base hands (do not glue the thumbs of the mittens). The hands tuck into the slots of the center strip.
8. I wrapped the scarf (rectangle shaped piece) with ribbon and glued the edges on the backside but, you can just use the rectangle piece if you like. Glue the scarf piece to the box base. I used adhesive enamel dots to accentuate the eyes:)