Pumpkin Patch Lantern (Flameless)-JMRush
Approximate Lantern size: W 3 x D 3 x H 7” (H 7.74” with Circle Hanger)
This Flameless lantern features an Autumn Pumpkin Patch design which is wrapped around each of the four sides. A layered transparent frosted effect is created when vellum paper is used. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1.Cut design pieces. ( I used double sided card stock and vellum paper) (These images show three decorative leaves- I ended up only using two.)
2. Flip the two lantern pieces over ( pretty side down) and fold the score lines.
3. Center the two lantern body pieces. Apply glue to the backside of the right side tab on the left lantern body piece. Attach to the other lantern piece making sure that the bottoms align (joining the two body pieces).
4. Glue the rectangular vellum pieces to the open areas of the lantern body- centering each rectangle with the open window area of the lantern body.
5.- 6.Glue the Circle shaped hangers together. ( Make sure the stems of these piece remain separate) Curve the two decorative leaves as you like.
7. Glue one of the stems of the circle hanger combined piece to the inside of the top of the first window panel. (The other stem will be glued inside the lantern later)
8. Flip the lantern over ( pretty side up). Glue the backside of the single scene panels to the coordinating shapes on the lantern base.
9. Apply glue to the top of the side long tab on the very left side. Secure the long side tab to the other side creating a box.
10. Apply glue to the top tab with the circle hanger and secure it to the triangular panel to it’s left side.
11.-12. Repeat for the next tab. Continue applying glue to the top tabs until the top is complete. Apply glue to the other side of the circle hanger piece and secure to the opposite side inside the lantern.
13. Fold the score lines on the lantern square base. Apply glue to the top two tabs of the Lantern square base and secure to the inside of the sides.
14. Repeat for the bottom two tabs creating a shallow box.
15. Place a flameless candle inside and the lantern top in it’s base.( I used a W 1.5” x H 6.5” pillar flameless candle.)
16. I finished with a ribbon on top and used foam adhesive squares to attach the two decorative leaves:)