Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Santa’s Sleigh Lantern (Flameless)



Santa’s Sleigh Lantern (Flameless)-JMRush
Approximate Lantern size: W 3 x D 3 x H 7” (H 7.75” with Star Hanger)


This Flameless lantern features Santa’s sleigh and reindeer in flight which is wrapped around each of the four sides. A layered transparent frosted effect is created when vellum paper is used. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.


You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222

1.Cut design pieces. ( I used double sided card stock and vellum paper)
2.Center and glue the rectangular silhouettes to the open rectangle mat shapes. Glue the jingle bells to the jingle bell solid base shapes.
3. Center and glue the combined rectangular silhouette shapes to the coordinating shapes on the lantern base.
4.Flip the two combined lantern base pieces over ( pretty side down and as shown). Fold the score lines.
5.Apply glue to the front edges (perimeter) of the rectangular star cut out pieces. (There is one star panel that is different. It will be matched up to the lantern base panel with the half moon.) Flip them over and attach them to the lantern base; centering each one. 
6.Center the two lantern body pieces. Apply glue to the backside of the right side tab on the left lantern body piece. Attach to the other lantern piece making sure that the bottoms align (joining the two body pieces). 
7.-8.Glue the Star shaped hangers together. (Make sure the stems of these piece remain separate)
9. Glue one of the stems of the Star hanger combined piece to the inside of the top of the panel with santa on it. (The other stem will be glued inside the lantern later)
10.-11.-12. Apply glue to the top of the side long tab on the very left side. Secure the long side tab to the other side creating a box.


13. Apply glue to the top tab with the circle hanger and secure it to the triangular panel to it’s left side.
14. Image of the tab secured to the panel.
15.-16. Repeat for the next tab. 
17. Apply glue to the remaining unsecured Star hanger stem.
18. Secure it to the opposite side of the lantern top.
19. Continue securing the top tabs until the top is fully enclosed.
20. I sometimes use a long object (pencil eraser end) to help secure the tabs on the inside of the lantern top base.
21. Fold the score lines on the lantern square base. 
22.Apply glue to the top two tabs of the Lantern square base and secure to the inside of the sides.
23. Repeat for the bottom two tabs creating a shallow box.

24. Place a flameless candle inside and the lantern top in it’s base.( Shown is a W 1.5” x H 6.5 color changing flameless candle. I ended up using a 2.75” x H 4” color changing pillar flameless candle in the final product image:). 



25.-26. I finished by stringing a ribbon through the openings in the combined jingle bells and tied the ribbon around the top of the star hanger at the top of the lantern.

18 comments:

  1. Do you have any video tutorial? Or can you post bigger pictures? I are all new and just purchased this pattern, but I canæt use it since I can't undertsnad this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello:)

      I am sorry to report that I do not have a video tutorial. I could send you the tutorial images through email, which would allow you to enlarge the images. My email is jmrushdesigns@gmail.com if you would like to send me your email. Sorry that you are having difficulty. I am happy to help you:)
      Thanks,
      Jenn

      Delete
  2. I have buy this file on silhouettedesign and i love it *-*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jennifer,
    I have purchased this file via Silhouette Desgin.But under the download is unfortunately the file Spooky Latern flameless.How do I get the file Santa's Sleigh Lantern (Flameless) ?? Thanks for your help.My email addy is c.oyen@gmx .com
    Have a nice day
    greeting Conny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there:)
    You might contact Silhouette customer service and let them know about the switch, hopefully they will get the right file to you. Please let me know if you need further assistance.
    Thanks so much!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do I separate the different pieces so I can use different papers?




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi:)
      Not sure which cutting machine you are using but, have you tried "ungrouping" the file? Let me know if you need further assistance:)
      Thanks! Jenn

      Delete
  6. My version is not finished yet (my cameo is working hard while I'm writing), I thought I'd use the time to say how wonderful and doable a design this is - again!
    I made two changes: I filled the vellum panel with a colour gradient from light blue (bottom) to white (top) because I think the recipient will not have a colour changing candle ready to go, and I wasn't going to include one. I think this will add some interest with a standard tea light inside.
    I am also skimping on gold paper for the frames. Gold paper isn't all that easy to come by sometimes, so I didn't want to cut up a whole sheet being left with "tag material" only. Instead, I will cut this from some weird yellow that I don't often use and ink it with a gold ink pad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it:) The changes you made sound like good ideas:)
      Thanks so much for writing in!
      Jenn

      Delete
  7. Hi In the Silhouette store I know I can purchase your designs. When I click on the design there's a checkbox to purchase SVG bundle. What do I get if I checkmark it ,and what if I don't?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there:)
      The SVG bundle includes the SvG file and a Silhouette studio file. The normal file is only the Silhouette studio file designed to function only on Silhouette brand machines. The SVG allows different electronic cutting machines to utilize the design file:)
      Hope this helps clear up your question. Happy Crafting:)
      Jenn

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for this design and step by step photos. My lantern came out beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan:)
      So glad you like it! Thank you for taking the time to write in!
      Have a happy day:)
      Jenn

      Delete
  9. bonjour je viens de terminer ce modèle je l'adore et vos explications m'ont beaucoup aider a le faire merci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it and that the tutorial was of assistance to you! Thank you for your kind words!
      Have a great day!
      Jenn

      Delete
  10. Hi I've made this lantern a few weeks ago and it turned out nicely, just wondering what weight vellum you recommend? It's beautiful by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think I used a 29# vellum. Happy Holidays!
      Jenn

      Delete