School Bus Treat Box-JMRush
Approximate size: W 6.25” X H 3.5” X D 2”
The School Bus Treat Box has an attached lid and is great for back to school treats or teacher appreciation presents. This design is compatible with 8x12 or 12X12 mats.
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
You can purchase the SVG and Cricut file here:
Color Guide for Design Pieces-
1.Cut design pieces. ( I used double sided card stock) Glue the largest circles to the matching shapes on the solid truck shapes.
2. Glue the truck shapes with cut outs to the coordinating solid truck shape. Glue the second largest circles to the largest circles that you just attached to the solid truck shape; centering it within the circles.
3. Glue the smaller door frames to the larger ones (2). Glue the third largest circles to the combined circles on the combined truck shape; centering them.
4. Glue the front grill shape with cut outs to it’s solid base. Glue the “School Bus” sign to it’s solid base. Glue the thin cut out rectangular window shapes with rounded corners to the coordinating shapes ( The windshield wiper design and back window). Center and glue the thinner solid rectangular shape to the wider one- creating a combined piece that appears to have yellow in the middle and a black stripe on the top and bottom. Glue the hollow circle shapes to the round taillight shapes.
5. Glue the solid rectangle piece with rounded corners to the backside of the windshield wiper combined piece. Glue the smallest white circles to the combined grill shape in the coordinating shapes.
6. Flip the box bases over ( pretty side down) as shown in the photo. Fold the long tab in the center and apply glue to the backside. Line up the two box base pieces and attach.
7. Fold the tabs on the smallest box base piece and align with the the bottom section to the left of the seam. Apply glue to the top tab and secure into place.
8. Fold the tabs on the upper left of the combined box base. Apply glue to the backside of the tab closest to the center. Attach to the center strip to the right of the tab.
9. Apply glue to the top center tab and secure it to the right side of the box base.
10. Apply glue to the bottom most tabs on the front of the box base. Glue to the inside of the box edges.
11. Repeat for the next set of tabs.
12. Repeat for the next set of tabs. Now the sides of your box are enclosed.
13. Close the top box tab by securing the tab in the coordinating slot on the side of the box base.
14. Glue the combined bus shape to it’s coordinating box base side.
15. Glue the long wheel hub to the coordinating side.
16. Glue the combined door and the school bus combined sign.
17. Glue the other combined bus piece to the other side. (Be careful not to glue the top backside of truck design with a window so as not to glue the box tab closure slot)
18. This is what it should look like.
19. Glue the other long wheel hub to this side.
20. Fold the tab so that the bumper sticks out. Glue the end section to the other side of the truck
(there is a score line to line up with:)
21. Repeat for the other side. Tuck the end score line underneath the other wheel hub piece.
22. Glue the other combined door to the coordinating shape on the box base. Glue the combined stripe rectangular piece on.
23. Use pieces of foam adhesive squares to attach the smaller wheel hub shapes (2) to the coordinating shape on each side.
24. Glue the solid rectangular pieces to their coordinating shapes on the front and top of the truck box base. Glue the combined windshield wiper piece on.
25. Glue the combined grill piece with headlights to the front of the truck box base.
26. Glue the combined backside piece to the back of the truck. Glue the rectangular shape with rounded corners to the inside of the window.
27. Glue the small taillight circles to the backside of the truck.
28. Your box is complete:)