Spider Web Lantern (Flameless)-JMRush
Lantern size: W 3 x D 3 x H 7”
This Flameless Lantern features cut out spider and web designs on each of the four sides. A layered frosted effect is created when vellum paper is used. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1. Cut design pieces. ( I used double sided card stock)
2. Flip the two lantern pieces over ( pretty side down) Fold the score lines of the lantern body.
3. Center the two lantern body pieces. Apply glue to the backside of the right side tab on the left lantern body piece. Attach to the other lantern piece making sure that the bottoms align (joining the two body pieces).
Glue the rectangular vellum pieces to the open areas of the lantern body- centering each rectangle with the open window area of the lantern body.
4.-5. Glue the circular hangers together. ( Make sure the stems of this piece remain separate)
6. Glue one of the stems to the inside of the top of the third from the left window panel. (The other stem will be glued inside the lantern later)
7. Apply glue to the side long tab on the very right side. Secure the long side tab to the other side creating a box.
8. Apply glue to the top tab with the circular hanger and secure it to the triangular panel to it’s left side.
9. Repeat for the next tab.
10. Apply glue to the other side of the circular hanger piece and secure to the opposite side inside the lantern.
11. Hard to see pic of the inside…sorry.
12. Continue applying glue to the top tabs until the top is complete.
13. Using a ruler, fold the small score lines on the web windows.
14. Pinch the corners and fold at the angled score line on the web window. The last two steps are to create a 3D frame-like web window.
15. Apply glue to the backside of the web window just along the very inside edges.
16. Secure to the matching rectangle shape on the lantern body.
17. Shape/Curve your spiders. I used large enamel dots to accentuate their hind ends.
18. Apply glue to the very tips of the spider’s legs on the lantern body. Use a foam adhesive square to secure each spider to the spider on the lantern base. Secure the tips of the spider’s legs to the small dabs of glue that you applied to the spider on the lantern body.
19. Image of glue dabs on the tips of the lantern body spider’s legs. Repeat for all sides.
20. Fold the score lines on the lantern square base. Apply glue to the top two tabs of the Lantern square base and secure to the inside of the sides.
21. Repeat for the bottom two tabs creating a shallow box.
22. Place a flameless candle inside and the lantern top in it’s base. I finished with a ribbon on top:)