Skull Lantern (Flameless)-JMRush
Lantern size: W 3 x D 3 x H 7”
This Flameless lantern features cut out Skull and Spider Web designs on each of the four sides. A layered transparent frosted effect is created when vellum paper is used. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1.Cut design pieces. ( I used double sided card stock and vellum paper)
2. Flip the two lantern pieces over ( pretty side down) Fold the score lines of the lantern body. Center the two lantern body pieces. Apply glue to the backside of the right side tab on the left lantern body piece. Attach to the other lantern piece making sure that the bottoms align (joining the two body pieces).
3. Glue the rectangular vellum pieces to the open areas of the lantern body- centering each rectangle with the open window area of the lantern body.
4.-5. Glue the circular hangers together. ( Make sure the stems of this piece remain separate)
6. Glue one of the stems to the inside of the top of the third from the left window panel. (The other stem will be glued inside the lantern later)
7. Apply glue to the side long tab on the very right side. Secure the long side tab to the other side creating a box.
8. Apply glue to the top tab with the circular hanger and secure it to the triangular panel to it’s left side.
9. -10. Repeat for all of the tabs. Apply glue to the other side of the circular hanger piece and secure to the opposite side inside the lantern.
Continue applying glue to the top tabs until the top is complete.
11. -12. Using a ruler, line the edge of the ruler along the score line and fold upward on each side of the webbed mat.
13. Pinch the corners and fold at the angled score line on the web window. The last three steps are to create a 3D frame-like web window.
14. Apply glue to the backside of the web window just along the very inside edges.
15. Center and secure to the matching inside rectangle shape of the lantern body. Using pieces of square foam adhesive, center and secure the skull shapes on the coordinating skull shape on the lantern body. Repeat for every side.
16. Fold the score lines on the lantern square base. Apply glue to the top two tabs of the Lantern square base and secure to the inside of the sides.
17. Repeat for the bottom two tabs creating a shallow box.
22. Place a flameless candle inside and the lantern body in it’s base. I finished with a ribbon on top:)