Cherry Blossom Lantern (Flameless)-JMRush
Lantern size: W 3 x D 3 x H 7”
This Flameless lantern features cut outs and when vellum paper is used, a layered transparent frosted effect is created. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
1.Cut design pieces. ( I used double sided card stock and used Vellum paper for the top layer of flower petals and rectangle window panels
2. Flip the two lantern pieces over ( pretty side down) Fold the score lines of the lantern body.
3. Glue the rectangular vellum pieces to the open areas of the lantern body- centering each rectangle with the open window area of the lantern body.
4.-5. Center the two lantern body pieces. Apply glue to the backside of the right side tab on the left lantern body piece. Attach to the other lantern piece making sure that the bottoms align (joining the two body pieces).
6. Glue the open rectangle mats to the top of the rectangle tree panels, centering each one.
7. Glue the combined tree rectangles to the front of the lantern body, centering each one.
8.-9. Glue the circular hangers together. ( Make sure the stems of this piece remain separate) Flip the combined lantern body over ( pretty side down) Glue one of the stems to the inside of the top of the third from the left window panel. (The other stem will be glued inside the lantern later)
10. Apply glue to the top tab and to the side long tab on the very right side. Secure the long side tab to the other side creating a box.
11. This is what it should look like:)
12.-14. Applying glue to one top tab at a time, begin to secure the top tabs to the inside of the next angled triangle. The other Circular hanger stem will be glued to the inside of the opposite side of the lantern.
15. This is what the completed top will look like:)
16. Fold the score lines on the lantern square base.
17. Apply glue to the top tabs of the Lantern square base and secure to the inside of the sides.
18. Repeat for the bottom tabs creating a shallow box.
19. Curve the small stamens -insides of the flowers- (small petal design with a hole in the center:) so that the petals are higher than the center. Color should be on the inside of each piece. Glue the bud pieces (pieces with three points) to the bud base (piece with three curves at the top).
20. Attach small pieces of foam adhesive squares to the very center of the flower bases. Attach the vellum flower pieces to the flower bases that you already prepped with foam adhesive squares. Center each one and off set the petals.
21. Glue the centers of the curved small stamen pieces to the center of the vellum flower petals.
22. Glue the combined flowers and buds to the branches.
23. Place a flameless candle inside and the lantern top in it’s base. I finished with jewels in the center of several of the flowers on each side and a ribbon on top:)