Christmas Lantern (Flameless)-JMRush
Lantern size: W 3 x D 3 x H 7”
This Flameless Christmas Lantern features cut outs and when vellum paper is used, a layered transparent frosted glass effect is created. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You may also want to check out: Santa Kissing Momma Lantern
http://jmrushdesigns.blogspot.com/2015/12/santa-kissing-momma-lantern-flameless.htmland the Nativity Scene Lantern (Flameless) http://jmrushdesigns.blogspot.com/2015/12/nativity-scene-lantern-flameless.html
You can purchase this design here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1.Cut design pieces. ( This picture shows more snowflakes then what is contained in your file. They were unnecessary and deleted:)
2. Fold all score lines. Glue the vellum paper to the back sides of the window panels.
3.Apply glue to the long side tab of the lantern window base and secure to the other lantern window base piece.
4. Apply glue to the top tabs of the Lantern square base and secure to the inside of the sides.
5. Repeat for the bottom tabs creating a shallow box. Apply glue to the front side of the window panels.
6. Flip the Lantern window base over ( You will be working on this inside of the lantern) and secure the window panels centering each one to each window cut out on the window base. Apply glue to circular part of one of the hangers.
7. Glue the circular hangers together. ( Make sure the stems of this piece remain separate) Glue one of the stems to the inside of the top of the second window panel.
8. Flip the Lantern over again ( the outside is facing you now). Apply glue to the top tabs and to the side long tab.
9. Secure the Long side tab to the other side creating a box.
10. Begin to secure the top tabs to the inside of the next angled triangle.
11. The other Circular hanger stem will be glued to the inside of the opposite side of the lantern.
12. This is what it should look like:)
13. Finish securing all of the top tabs.
14.Place the Lantern in it’s base. Glue the snowflakes on to the outside of the window panels.
15. Attach the small snowflake to the large one using a piece of foam adhesive square and then attach the snowflake to the lantern. I used a adhesive gem for the center of the snowflake. ( Please ignore the extra unnecessary snowflakes shown in the photo:)
16. Finish with a ribbon and place a flameless candle inside.