Golden Retriever Hug Gift Card Holder-JMRush
Approximate Card size: W 4” X H 5.75”
This design features character arms that open to a hidden gift card pocket. This design is perfect for giving gift cards for Birthdays, Father’s/Mother’s Day, a thank you for your vet/groomer, or for any occasion. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats and fits most gift cards.
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided card stock for the card base) ( There is a heart shaped piece in this file that is not shown at the beginning of this tutorial)
2. Fold the card along score lines. Glue the tongue to the backside of the fullest dog head. Glue this combined head to the dog head base with a collar; centering around the eyes. Apply glue the bottom of the side tabs on the card base. Secure by folding upward toward the card base.
3. Glue the next largest dog head to the combined dog head base; centering around the nose.
4. Glue the next largest dog head to the combined dog head; centering around the nose.
5. Glue the last dog head pieces to the combined dog head; centering them with their coordinating shapes on the combined dog head. Glue the largest dog nose on the combined dog head base.
6. Glue the small dog nose piece on top of the larger one on the combined dog head base. I used small enamel dots to accentuate the dog’s eyes.
7. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the combined dog head to the front of the card base (make sure not to attach the collar section of the combined dog head, as you will need it to flex a bit when you fold the card). Insert gift card.
8. The hands tuck into the slots on the front. I popped the dog’s collar to the front of the gift card section. Use a foam adhesive square to attach the heart in the center of the hands. Finish with ribbon :)