XO Lantern (Flameless)-JMRush
Approximate Lantern size: W 2.75 x D 2.75 x H 7”
(H 7.5” with circular hanger)
This flameless candle lantern features an XO (Hugs and Kisses) cut out pattern on all four sides. The file also includes a heart shaped lock and key design that can be used independently. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1.Cut design pieces. ( I used double sided card stock; silver, reflective red, and black)
2. Center the XO rectangle panels over the coordinating openings in the lantern bodies. Apply glue and secure into place.
3. Center the open rectangles over the XO panels on the combined lantern bodies and glue to secure. ( These open rectangle panels are slightly smaller than the XO panels to allow the under color to crate a border effect) Glue the smaller ket to the larger key base. Glue the heart with the smaller opening to the Heart shaped lock piece.
4.-5. Glue the circular hangers together. ( Make sure the stems of this piece remain separate) Glue the heart piece to the combined heart shaped lock.
6. Fold the score lines in the lantern body and base.
7. Apply glue to the topside of the long side tab of the lantern body on the right side. Place the other lantern body piece over the tab and secure; making sure they are even on the bottom and aligned at the score line.
8. -9.-10.This is what it should look like:)Apply glue to the other long side tab and attach to the other side creating a box.
11. Glue one side of the circular hanger stem to one of the top triangular panels; centering it. (The other stem will be glued inside the lantern later)
12. Apply glue to the tab on the triangular panel that you just glued the circular hanger to. Secure the next triangular panel straight edge to the top of the tab; aligning at the score line.
13. This is what it should look like:). Repeat for the next tab and triangular panel.
14. Glue the other stem of the circular hanger to the inside of the lantern.
15. Image of the stems glued down.
16. Apply glue to the last two triangular panel tabs and secure; enclosing your lantern.
17. You can use a tool to help secure the tabs on the inside of the lantern body. (Make sure the panels are all aligned on the outside while the glue dries.)
18. Apply glue to the two top tabs of the Lantern square base and secure to the inside of the top rectangle .
19. Apply glue to the bottom tabs and secure to the bottom rectangle; creating a shallow box.
20. Place a flameless candle inside the base. I used a W1.5” X H 6.5” color changing flameless candle. Place the lantern body in it’s base.
21.-22. I strung a ribbon through the opening on the key and glueing the end to the ribbon in front. I repeated this step with the lock on the opposite end of the ribbon. ( It is probably easier to tie the ribbon around the circular hanger and then attach the lock and key… I did it the hard way:) Finish with a bow:)