Kangaroo Gift Card Slider - JMRush
Approximate size: H 4” X W 4”
The Kangaroo Gift Card Slider Card has an inside joey design that pops up holding a gift card or special message (optional message insert is included) when the front cover of the card is lifted up. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1.Cut design pieces. ( There is an optional rectangular shaped “message panel” that can replace a gift card)
2. Fold the score line on the card base and insert piece. Apply glue to the side tabs of the card base and fold forward securing to the upper panel of the card base.
3. Glue the Kangaroo heads with cut outs (solid ears) to their matching solid bases. Glue the long oval piece to the coordinating shape of the long joey kangaroo piece.
4. Glue the large kangaroo bottom (with a tail ) to the front side of the card base;centering it. Apply glue to the backside of the arms and head of the long combined joey kangaroo piece and secure it to the coordinating shape on the insert. Glue the Kangaroo heads with cut outs (open ears) to their matching combined kangaroo head bases.
5. This is what it should look like:)
6. Glue the muzzle piece and then the noses to the coordinating combined kangaroo heads. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the kangaroo bottom (without a tail) to the coordinating shape on the front of the card. I used adhesive enamel dots to accentuate the eyes.
7. Apply glue to the top section of the insert piece and attach to the coordinating shape on the card base.
8. Attach the small kangaroo head (ears down) using a foam adhesive square to the joey kangaroo on the insert piece. Glue one of the heart shapes to the circle in between the joey’s hands.
9. Tuck the insert piece’s bottom into the pocket of the card base leaving the bottom section of the insert folded up. ( The bottom section is what holds the gift card/message panel and allows the card to pop up when the completed card is opened.)
10. This is what it should look like with out the gift card/message panel. Use a foam adhesive square to attach the large combined kangaroo head to the coordinating head/arm piece. I fashioned a bow tie and bow from ribbon to be used on the kangaroos.
11. Insert a gift card or the message panel into the pocket.
12. Fold the top panel of the card base. (I made sure that the insert was sliding down into the pocket and pressed on the top front panel with light pressure to make the card flatter.) Glue the large combined kangaroo to the coordinating shape on the front top panel of the card base.
12. Tuck the center circle into the slot of the bottom section of the front cover. Glue the last heart shape to the front center circle shape and glue the bow under the large kangaroo’s head:)