Iris Tea Light (Flameless)-JMRush
Approximate Dimensions: W 5” x D 5” X H 3.75”
This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats and when vellum paper is used, an opaque lantern effect is created.
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
- Cut design pieces. (I used double sided card stock and vellum paper)
- Match up the petal outline shapes with the coordinating vellum shape. Glue the coordinating vellum piece to the front of the outline flower. ( You can also cut out another outline flower piece if you would like each side of the vellum flower to have the outline detail:)
- Fold the tabs of the tea light base ( long narrow strip with tabs). Tuck the end tab into the slot creating a circular tube shape. Apply a small dab of glue on the tab to hold in place. Apply a small dab of glue on the tab to hold in place.
- Place the two narrow circular ring pieces over the tube shape you just created. One toward the top and one toward the bottom.
- Apply glue to the outside of one of the rows of tabs and secure to the narrow ring.
- Image of step completed.
- Repeat for the other set of tabs and circular ring. Image of step completed.
- Apply glue to the tops of the ring and tabs on one side. Secure the thicker circular ring to the top.
- Image of this step completed.
- Flip the combined tube over. Place a flameless votive candle inside the tube. Apply glue to the tops of the ring and tabs. Secure the thicker circular ring to the top.
- Curve the combined flower and leaves as you like. (I curved two of the leaves up and two down. I curved one set of the flower petals down and flipped the other set on it’s backside and then curved the petals up toward the center.)
- Apply glue to the backside of the leaves at the points where they make contact with the tea light base and attach to the tea light base.
- Apply glue to the bottom of the flower petals curved downward and secure to the tea light base.
- Apply glue to the bottom of the flower petals curved upward and secure to the tea light base:)