Unicorn Centerpiece Card Keeper- JMRush
Approximate Box Size: W 2.25” X D 5.75” X H 5.5”
Height including Unicorn Figure: W 5.5” X D 7.5” X H 10”
The Unicorn Centerpiece has an open box area that can be used to hold classroom Valentine’s or Birthday cards as it doubles as a centerpiece:) This file could also be used as a small gift bag and is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1. Cut the design pieces. ( I used double sided card stock) ( I added to this file during the shooting of this tutorial. You will have two additional rectangles (see image 2), the box base pieces are larger, and there will be two large hair pieces:) I have also grouped the cut file in color sections. You can ungroup as you like:)
2. Two additional rectangles.
3. Glue the Unicorn head with ear, eye, and nose cut outs to it’s coordinating solid base. Glue the unicorn horn with cut outs to it’s coordinating solid base. Glue the thin hooves to the coordinating larger hoove pieces; aligning at the bottom. Glue the eyes with eyelashes to the circles with small circle cut outs; aligning at the small circle and curling as you like. Fold the two tail pieces at the score lines.
4. Glue the combined eyes to the coordinating shapes on the combined unicorn head. Glue the hair to the combined unicorn head; centering it. Glue the combined hooves to the front of the full unicorn silhouette and unicorn backside at the coordinating shapes. Apply glue to one side of the scored tail section and secure the other scored tail section aligning the edges.
5. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the oval muzzle piece with nose holes to the coordinating shape on the combined unicorn; aligning the nose holes. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the combined unicorn horn to the combined unicorn head; aligning at the top of the horn.
6. Use foam adhesive squares down the seam line of the combined scored tail section and attach to the coordinating solid tail base.
7. Use Foam adhesive squares to attach the combined unicorn head to one of the large hair pieces; aligning at the bottom center. Flip the full unicorn silhouette and backside over and glue the remaining combined hooves to the coordinating shapes; aligning at the bottom and edges. Flip both silhouettes back over.
8. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the combined head to the full unicorn silhouette; aligning at the unicorn horn and centering. Glue the second large hair piece to the backside of this combined piece to the coordinating shape. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the combined tail to the backside silhouette section; centering horizontal and vertically. Apply glue to the very right edge of the largest box base piece. ( Your box base will be larger than what is shown:) Align the center tab of the smaller box base piece and place it on top of the glue area; aligning at the score line. Allow to dry.
9. Like this:)
10. Fold the tabs at the score lines of the combined box base.
11. Apply glue to backsides of the top and bottom vertical tabs. Secure to the rectangular shape in the middle of the combined box base.
12. Apply glue to the backsides of the top and bottom horizontal tabs and secure to the inside of the box.
13. It should look like this:)
14. Two gray rectangles. Apply glue to the backside of each and secure to the narrow sides of the box base; aligning at the bottom (open are of the box is up)
15. Repeating for the other narrow side.
16. Apply glue to the entire white section of the narrow section of the box base and along the very edges of the gray rectangle. Attach the combined backside/tail unicorn silhouette; centering it and aligning the hooves with the bottom edge of the box base. Allow to dry.
17. Repeat for the other narrow side of the box base.
18. Attach the combined full unicorn silhouette; centering it and aligning the hooves with the bottom edge of the box base. Allow to dry.
19. I finished with ribbons and an enamel jewel in the center:)