Mermaid Hug Gift Card Holder-JMRush
Approximate Card size: W 6.25” X H 8.5”
This design features character arms that open to a hidden gift card pocket. This design is perfect for giving gift cards for Birthdays, Easter, Valentine’s Day, or for any occasion. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats and fits most gift cards.
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided card stock)
2. Fold the card along score lines. Glue the mermaid face with eye and mouth cut outs to the larger mermaid head; centering and aligning at the bottom. Glue the eyes to the eyes with eyelashes; centering around the circular cut outs.. Shape the smaller flower with a center cutout and glue the center to the larger flower shape; centering and aligning the irregular petal shapes. Glue the larger bikini top to the inside of the card base. Glue one of the double hump mermaid tail tops to the inside of the card. Glue one of the small circle belly buttons to the inside of the card.
3. Apply glue the bottom of the side tabs on the card base. Secure by folding upward toward the card base. Curve the eyelashes as you like.
4. Glue the combined eyes to the combined mermaid head; centering around the eye out outs. Glue the small hair piece to the combined head; aligning at the top of the top face layer ( leaving a band of white (hair band). Insert gift card into the pocket. Use a foam adhesive square to attach the tail end to the coordinating shape on the large tail section.
5. Fold the gift card section upward and glue the small bikini top, last double hump mermaid tail top, and small circle belly button to this section. The double hump mermaid tail top will aligning just slightly under the folded gift card section. Use a piece of foam adhesive square to attach the combined flower to the combined head.
6. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the combined head to the coordinating shape on the card base and to attach the combined tail section to the backside of the card base.
7. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the large hair piece to the backside of the combined card base; centering and allowing a small section to show above the hair band section. I used a small enamel dot to accentuate the center of the flower. The hands tuck into the slots on the heart piece to close:)