Unicorn Open Mouth Treat Box-JMRush
Approximate Size: W 5.75” x D 1.25”x H 6”
Approximate Box size: W 2.5” x D 1 x H 4”
This box opens by lifting the character’s head to to expose the opening to the treat box. This simple to construct design would be perfect to hold your goodies for Valentine’s Day or birthday parties. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1. Cut the design pieces. ( I used double sided card stock)
2. Glue the Unicorn head with ear, eye, and nose cut outs to it’s coordinating solid base. Glue the unicorn horn with cut outs to it’s coordinating solid base. Glue the oval (ish) piece with tooth cut outs to the bottom section of the long mouth base; aligning at the center cut out oval. Glue the eyes with eyelashes to the circles with small circle cut outs; aligning at the small circle. Curl eyelashes as you like.
3. Glue the hair to the combined unicorn head; centering it. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the oval muzzle piece with nose holes to the coordinating shape on the combined unicorn; aligning the nose holes.
4. Use a foam adhesive square to attach the combined unicorn horn to the combined unicorn head; aligning at the top of the horn.
5. Fold the score line on the long mouth base. Apply glue to the backside of the combined unicorn head. Attach to the top of the long mouth base piece; aligning at the bottom and edges.
6. This is what it should look like:) Flip the box base over, like so.
7. Fold the score lines on the box base. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the teeth to their coordinating shapes on the inside of the Combined unicorn head/long mouth piece.
8. Apply glue to the two small vertical side tabs at the bottom of the box base.
9. Secure the two small vertical side tabs to the 1 inch (width) rectangles just above them.
10. Apply glue to the very left corner of the horizontal tab just below the two side tabs that you just glued. ( My finger is pointing to the section in the photo:) Secure this corner to the vertical tab to the left.
11. Apply glue to the topside of the vertical and horizontal panel. Secure the final panel creating a complete box.
12. Secure the tab on the box base by tucking the tab on the inside of the box and feeding it through the slot. Apply glue to the underside of the tab and secure to the box.
13. Apply glue to the tab side of the box base. Flip the box base over and secure it to the large hair/mane piece; centering the box.
14. Glue the bottom of the combined long mouth piece to the top of the combined box base; aligning the oval cut outs in the middle.
15. I finished with ribbons, a enamel jewel, and filled her with Hersey kisses:)