Turkey Slider Hatch Treat Box-JMRush
Finished Box Dimensions (approximate)- W 2” x H 4” x D 7/8”
This cute little Turkey treat box has a hatch opening and will hold 3-4 “mini” candies. This design is compatible with 8x12 or 12X12 mats.
- Cut the design pieces.
- Pre-Fold all score lines.
- Apply glue to the tabs on each side.
- Secure the tabs to the inside of the lower box tabs creating a half box.
- Apply glue to the outside of each side of the half box.
- Secure to the inside of the side panel on each side.
- Place the pointed tabs on the upper section through the slot of the inside wing piece. You will need to bend the pointed tabs to get them into place. (Do not fold them) Make sure that the tab is on the outside of the wing piece. Repeat on the other side.
- Glue the upper section’s wings to the box base ( careful not to glue the tabs. They must remain free for the hatch to open properly.)
9. This is what you box should look like.
10. Apply a dab of glue to the upper edges of the wing section on each side -again being careful not to glue the tabs.
11. It should look like this:)
12. Glue the hind feathers together.
13. Glue the teat drop shaped gobbler onto the face backing then glue the beak and eyes into place.
14. Glue the head feathers into place then the completed face. The feet are glued to the bottom of the box and the hind feathers to the back.
15. Slightly curve the side wings and glue them into place on the side of the box.
16. Ta Da! Your Turkey is complete:)