Bat Slider Hatch Treat Box-JMRush
Finished Box Dimensions (approximate)- W 2” x H 4” x D 7/8”
This little Bat treat box is perfect for classroom parties. This treat box has a hatch opening and will hold 3-4 “mini” candies. This design is compatible with 8x12 or 12X12 mats.
- Cut the design pieces.
- Pre-Fold all score lines.
- Apply glue to the tabs on each side.
- Secure the tabs to the inside of the lower box tabs creating a half box.
- Apply glue to the outside of each side of the half box.
- Secure to the inside of the side panel on each side.
- Place the pointed tabs on the upper section through the slot of the inside wing piece. Make sure that the tab is on the outside of the wing piece.( you will need to bend the pointed tab a bit to get it into the slot)
- Repeat on the other side.
- Glue the upper section’s wings to the box base ( careful not to glue the tabs. They must remain free for the hatch to open properly.)
10. This is what you box should look like.
11. Apply a dab of glue to the upper edges of the wing section on each side -again being careful not to glue the tabs.
12.Apply glue to the forward facing edges of each bat wing. Scallops down.
13. Glue the eyes into place.
14. Glue the ears and smile into place.
15. Ta Da! Your Bat is complete:)