Owl Slider Hatch Treat Box-JMRush
Finished Box Dimensions (approximate)- W 2” x H 4” x D 7/8”
This cute little Owl treat box is perfect for classroom parties. This treat box has a hatch opening and will hold 3-4 “mini” candies. This design is compatible with 8x12 or 12X12 mats.
1. Cut the design pieces.
2. Pre-fold all score lines.
3.Place the tab of the face piece through the slot of the inside wing piece on each side. Make sure that the tab is on the outside of the wing piece. ( you will need to bend the pointed tab a bit to get it into the slot)
4. Apply glue to the lower wings.
5. Secure the lower wings and lower box section together.
6. Glue the upper section’s wings to the box base (careful not to glue the tabs. They must remain free in order for the hatch to open properly.)
7. Apply a small tab of glue to the top inside to secure it (make sure your hatch will still open properly). Repeat for the other side.
8. Secure the eyeballs to the iris' and then to the white of the eye balls. Use foam adhesive squares to secure the eyeballs to the shodden eye area and then secure the complete eyes to the box base with glue.
9. Apply glue to the ears and place onto the box base.
10. Fold the Owl's wings at the score lines and glue the center of the sings to the side of your owl base on each side. Larger wing section goes in front.
11. Glue the tops of the back wing sections down to the base and then fold the front wing section on top of it , glueing it in place. Puff out the feathers on the bottom of the wings and yay...Your Owl is complete!