Monster Slider Hatch Treat Box-JMRush
Finished Box Dimensions (approximate)- W 2” x H 4” x D 7/8”
This cute little Monster treat box is perfect for classroom parties. This treat box has a hatch opening and will hold 3-4 “mini” candies. This design is compatible with 8x12 or 12X12 mats.
Also: see Frankenstein Slider Hatch Treat Box tutorial for more detailed instruction images.
1. Cut the design pieces.
2. Pre-fold all score lines.
3.Place the tab of the face piece through the slot of the inside wing piece on each side. Make sure that the tab is on the outside of the wing piece. ( you will need to bend the pointed tab a bit to get it into the slot)
4. Apply glue to the lower wings.
5. Secure the lower wings and lower box section together.
6. Glue the upper section’s wings to the box base (careful not to glue the tabs. They must remain free in order for the hatch to open properly.)
7. Apply a small tab of glue to the top inside to secure it (make sure your hatch will still open properly).
8. Secure the teeth into place with glue.
9. Apply glue to the bottom and top of the black eye piece and secure it into place.
10. Secure the white eye piece into place and glue the stitches and mouth piece into place.
11. Glue the arms onto the sides and fold the score lines on each hand so that the monster's fingers touch your surface. Yay! Your monster is complete!