Lattice Rose Lantern (Flameless)-JMRush
Lantern size: W 3 x D 3 x H 7”
This Flameless Lattice Rose Lantern features cut outs to simulate the look of lattice. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
1.Cut design pieces. ( I used double sided card stock)
2. Fold the score lines of the lantern body. Center the two lantern body pieces. Apply glue to the backside of the left side tab on the right body lantern piece. Attach to the other lantern piece making sure that the bottoms align (joining the two body pieces).
3. Glue the lattice rectangles to the open panels on the combined lantern body, centering each one.
4.-6. Glue the circular hangers together. ( Make sure the stems of this piece remain separate) Glue one of the stems to the inside of the top of the third from the left window panel. (The other stem will be glued inside the lantern later)
7. Apply glue to the top tab and to the side long tab on the very left side. Secure the long side tab to the other side creating a box.
8. This is what it should look like:)
9. Applying glue to one top tab at a time, begin to secure the top tabs to the inside of the next angled triangle. The other Circular hanger stem will be glued to the inside of the opposite side of the lantern.
10. Apply glue to the top tabs of the Lantern square base and secure to the inside of the sides.
11. Repeat for the bottom tabs creating a shallow box.
12. Glue the grass design to each side of the lantern square base.
13. Curve your flower petals and leaves as you like.
14. Use pieces of foam adhesive squares to attach the three largest flower petal pieces. Largest on bottom and offsetting the petal placement. Glue the smallest flower petal piece and place a enamel dot in the center.
15. Use a foam adhesive square to attach the rose to the top and glue the leaves underneath.
16. Place the lantern top in it’s base. Finish with by placing a flameless candle inside:)