Love Hanging Tea Light Lantern-JMR
Lantern size: W 2.5 x D 2.5 x H 5”
This Flameless Hanging Tea Light Lantern features cut outs and when vellum paper is used, a layered transparent frosted glass effect is created. This lantern has a secure bottom that allows it to be hung and still allows access to the tea light on/off switch. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
You can purchase the SVG and Cricut friendly file here:https://www.jamieandjenn.com Coming Soon:)
1.Cut design pieces. ( I used double sided card stock and vellum paper)
2. Flip the two love lantern window pieces over. Glue the vellum paper to the window panels; centering around each of the cut out sections.
3. Fold all score lines.
4. Line up the two lantern window pieces. Apply glue to the long side tab of the lantern and secure to the other lantern window base piece.
5. Apply glue to the other long side tab of the lantern window base and secure to the inside of the other lantern window base piece; creating a box.
6. This is what it should look like:)
7. Apply glue to one top tab and secure the top tab to the inside of the next angled triangle.
9.You can use a long utensil to help secure the tabs from the inside of the lantern.
10. Apply glue to the inside of one of the circular hanger pieces. Align with the other circular hanger piece and secure.
11. Apply glue to the bottom two tabs of the Lantern square base and secure to the inside of the sides.
12. Repeat for the two top tabs creating a shallow box.
13. Apply a dab of glue to the inside of the lantern tea light base just under the slot. (This will help to secure the tab when it passes through.)
14. Tuck the end tab into the slot creating a circular tube shape. Secure until dry.
15. Place the narrow circular ring piece and square piece over the tube shape you just created.
16. Apply glue to the outside of the tabs on the round side and secure downward to the round piece.
17. Apply glue to the top.
18. Secure the large ring to the top;centering it.
19. Insert flameless votive candle from the bottom.Flip this piece over so the Square side is up. Apply glue to the outside of the tabs on the square side and secure downward to the square piece.
20. Apply glue to the bottom and insert into the shallow square lantern base.
22. Place a flameless tea light candle inside the lantern square base; centering it. Apply glue to the bottom of the square side of the combined
lantern tea light base. Place inside the lantern square base and secure.
23. Bottom view.
24. Apply glue to the inside edges of this piece and place the lantern window piece inside the box. Secure until dry.
25. I finished this lantern with a ribbon:)