Dahlia Flower Tea Light (Flameless)-JMRush
Approximate Dimensions: W 4” x D 4” X H 2”
This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats and is used with a flameless battery operated tea light candle.
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
You can purchase the SVG and Cricut friendly file here:https://www.jamieandjenn.com Coming Soon:)
- Cut design pieces. (I used double sided card stock paper) I used a darker red color card stock for the 4 largest petal layers.
- Curve the flower petals. Fold the tabs on the flower base.
- Tuck the end tab into the slot creating a circular tube shape. Secure with a small dab of glue. Glue the 6 flower petal sections together; Largest on bottom to smallest on top and alternating petals. I did this by applying glue to the backside around the circumference of each flower layer.
- Place the narrow circular ring pieces over the tube shape you just created.
- Apply glue to the outside of one of the rows of tabs and secure to the narrow ring.
- Apply glue to the tops of the ring and tabs.
- Secure the thicker circular ring to the top.
9. Place a flameless votive candle inside the tube. Apply glue to the outside of the tabs and secure to the narrow ring.(repeating the steps above)
10. Apply glue to the tops of the ring and tabs. Secure the thicker circular ring to the top.
11. Fold the tabs of one of the two large flower petal piece down. Fold the other large flower’s tabs up.
12. Apply glue to the outside of the tabs on the downward tabs and combine with the other large center combined flower petal securing each of the tabs together.
13. Apply glue to the bottom center of the combined large flower piece and attach to the lantern base piece.
14. Apply glue to the center backside of the combined flower petal grouping and attach to the center of the combined lantern, alternating the petals. Apply light pressure until dry:)