Friday, July 8, 2016

Dinosaur Hug Gift Card Holder

Dinosaur Hug Gift Card Holder-JMRush
Approximate Card size: W 3.75” X H 5.75”


This design features character arms that open to a hidden gift card pocket, is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats, and fits most gift cards.




1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided card stock)
2. Fold the card along score lines. 
3. Apply glue the bottom of the side tabs on the card base. Secure by folding upward toward the card base.
4.Glue the white teeth with an oval cut out to the double Dino head base. Glue the single green Dino head to the coordinating white teeth Dino head.
5. Curve and glue the base of the tongue to the center of the oval inside the lower set of teeth.
6. Fold the double Dino head at the center score lines. Glue the combined Dino head to the top of the double Dino head base.
7. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the top back section of the combined Dino head to the front of the card base. Insert gift card and tuck the hands into the slots on the front. (I popped the Dino’s head to the front of the gift card section.)
8. I finished with enamel dots to accent the eyes and curved the arms slightly:)
You can purchase this design here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222

4 comments:

  1. y el tamaño de la cara del dinosaurio

    ReplyDelete
  2. I downloaded this design from Silhouette Design store, however the link to your blog is bad. I had to manually search to find this. ~Pamela Hess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there:) I apologize for the broken link. When Silhouette revamped their site all of my tutorial links were messed up by a single space. Unfortunately there is no way for me to repair them and Silhouette has been unable to go back and repair the issue. Thank you for your understanding.
      Thanks,
      Jenn

      Delete
  3. This is super cute! I am contemplating trying to turn it into the front of a Valentine Box for my son for Preschool this year. Instead of a gift card I am thinking of cutting a heart for him to hold. If I end up doing it I will let you know and send pictures. Trying to find Valentine ideas for a dinosaur obsessed 5 year old isn't super easy but this may just work out.

    ReplyDelete