Hula Girl Flip Top Box-JMRush
Approximate size: W 4" X H 5.25” X D 1.5”
The Hula Girl Flip Top Box has a top that is attached to the box base on one side and a tab closure on the other side. This file is great for party favors or to use as a centerpiece for your summer parties. This design is compatible with 8x12 or 12X12 mats.
You can purchase this design here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1.Cut design pieces. ( I used double sided card stock)
2. Line up the box base sections as the picture shows. Fold the tab on the right side section and apply glue to the tab’s backside.
3. Secure the tab to the left box base section. ( You want the tab to be on the inside of your box) Fold the score lines on the right side of the box base.
4. Apply glue to the small side tabs- one on the top and one on the bottom ( where my thumb and finger are in the picture)
5. Secure to the rectangular tab shapes creating 90 degree angles.
6. Fold the score lines on the left side of the box base.
7. Apply glue to the backside of the tabs closest to the center- one on the top and one on the bottom.
8. Secure to the center strip.
9. Apply glue to the top and bottom tab that are facing you.
10. Secure the rectangular flaps to the left.
11. Apply glue to the outside edges of the 90 degree angle on the right lower section. Secure to the inside of the left lower section.
12. Repeat for the upper section.
13. This is what your box should look like.
14. I flipped the box so that the tab is on the right upper section. Tuck the tab into the slot on the lower section to close.
15. Glue the two largest pieces (solid) to the front of your box.
16. Curve the leaves of the grass skirt sections.
17. Glue the largest grass skirt piece to the top of the lower section- centering it and aligning it at the top. Glue the belly button (small circle) on.
18. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the coconut bra shape to the top section. Apply glue to the backside of the small grass skirt piece on the very left and very right. Place an adhesive foam square in the center. Secure to the top of the lower section.
19. I used small enamel dots for the centers of the flowers.
20. I curved the petals of the flowers.
21. Glue the flowers into place:)