Approximate size: W 4.50” X D 4.50” X H 7”
This five sided lantern file has a carousel horse design on each side and when vellum paper is used, an opaque lantern effect is created. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
1.Cut design pieces. ( I used double sided card stock)
2. Flip lantern pieces over ( pretty side down). Apply glue to the very edges of the rectangular vellum pieces. Align over each carousel horse window on the lantern. Secure.
3. Fold score line up.
4. Align the lantern pieces so that the upper tabs are on the upper right side. Apply glue to the backside of the long side tabs and secure the three lantern pieces together.
5. Image of the long side tab attached to the other lantern sections. (The single lantern’s long side tab will not be glued yet)
6. Glue the backside of the flag portion of the one of the two flag pieces. Do not glue the pole/stem portions together.
7. Image of the flag glued together.
8. Glue one side of the pole/stem combined piece to the center top of the third carousel horse window. Allow to dry and make sure the other side of the pole/stem piece is free).
9. -10. Apply glue to the top right side tab of the first carousel horse top and attach to the inside of the next triangular top to the right. Repeat for the next tab.
11. Apply glue to the top of the pole/stem piece and secure to the inside of the lantern.
12. Apply glue to the top tab on the second to the last carousel horse window from the right and attach to the triangular top of the next panel to the right.
13. Apply glue to the long side tab on the last carousel window panel and attach to the carousel window panel to the left, creating a enclosed pentagon box shape.
14. Apply glue to the last two top tabs and secure to the insides of the lantern top.
15. Image of the finished inside.
16. Fold the score lines of the lantern base.
17. Apply glue to the small tabs and secure to the insides of the rectangle to the left.
18. I used a 3” W x 4” H flameless color changing candle, which is placed in the center of the lantern base. The lantern top is placed over the top. I finished with a ribbon and enamel jewels in the center of each scallop:)