Flamingo Flip Top Box-JMRush
Approximate size: W 4" X H 5.25” X D 1.5” (H 6.5” x W 6.5"including flamingo)
The Flamingo Flip Top Box has a top that is attached to the box base on one side and a tab closure on the other side. This file is great for party favors or to use as a centerpiece for your summer parties.
You can purchase this design here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
You can purchase the SVG and Cricut file here:
1.Cut design pieces.
2. Flip Box base over ( pretty side down) Fold score lines up.
3. Align the box bases so that the tab is on the upper right side and the indented tab in on the lower left ( where my finger is pointing).
4. Line up the box base sections as the picture shows. Apply glue to the backside of the center long tab on the left hand box base. Secure the tab to the right box base section. ( You want the tab to be on the inside of your box)
5. Apply glue to the small side tabs- one on the top and one on the bottom ( where my thumb and finger are in the picture). Secure to the rectangular tab shapes creating 90 degree angles.
6. Apply glue to the backside of the tabs closest to the outside the right box base- one on the top and one on the bottom ( where my thumb and finger are pointing). Secure to the tab directly below for the top tab and directly above for the lower tab.
7. Apply glue to the backside of the tabs closest to the center- one on the top and one on the bottom of the right side box base. Secure to the center strip.
8. Apply glue to the bottom of the 90 degree angles on the outside of the left upper and bottom section. Secure to the inside of the left box base sections creating a box and lining up the edges.
9. This is what it should look like:)
10. Your box is now complete:) Tuck the closure tab into the slot in the bottom section to close.
11. Glue the flamingo base to the upper section ( tab on the upper right side of the box). Glue the flamingo leg to the center bottom of the box base.
12. Using foam adhesive squares, attach the wings together with the largest one on the bottom.
13. Glue the eye and beak on the flamingo head. Attach the combined wing section to the flamingo on the box base.
14. Finish by adding an enamel dot for an eye and attach a ribbon. Fill with goodies and enjoy:)