Blue Ulysses Butterfly Tea Light Lantern (Flameless)-JMRush
Approximate Dimensions: W 4” x D 4” X H 2.5”
This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats and when vellum paper is used, an opaque lantern effect is created.
You can purchase this design here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222
- Cut design pieces. (I used double sided card stock and vellum paper)
- Glue each outline butterfly piece to the coordinating butterfly base. ( There will be an extra outlined butterfly.) Fold the score lines in the lantern base piece.
- Glue the other outline butterfly to the back of the combined coordinating butterfly shape ( so there is a outlined butterfly on the front and on the back). Apply a dab of glue to the inside of the lantern base just under the slot. (This will help to secure the tab when it passes through.) Tuck the end tab into the slot creating a circular tube shape.
- Place the one of the narrow circular ring pieces over the tube shape you just created. Apply glue to the outside of one of the rows of tabs and secure downward to the narrow ring.
- Apply glue to the tops of the ring and tabs and secure the thicker circular ring to the top.
- Flip the lantern base so that the rings are on the bottom. Apply hot glue to inside of the lantern base so that you can secure the flameless tea light inside the tube. ( It may be easier to work form the bottom:) Place the tea light inside and secure.
- Fit the second narrow ring around the other side of the tube. Apply glue to the outside of the tabs and secure to the narrow ring.
- Fold the tabs in the center of the combined butterfly (with a hole in the center) down and the tabs in the circular piece with tabs up. Apply glue to the tops of the ring and tabs and secure the thicker circular tab ring to the top. (tabs facing upward)
- Apply glue to the insides of the upward tabs.
- Secure the tabs of the combined butterfly with a hole in the center and tabs to the tabs on the lantern base. (butterfly tabs go on the inside).
- Allow to dry.
- Curve the three layered butterfly and apply glue along the bottom vertical center line.
- Secure to the center of the combined butterfly lantern base and combine the antennas and tail sections. Allow to dry:)