Orchid Tea Light Lantern (Flameless)-JMRush
Approximate Dimensions: W 5” x D 4.5” X H 2.5”
This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats and when vellum paper is used, an opaque lantern effect is created.
- Cut design pieces. (I used double sided card stock and vellum paper)
- Glue each outline flower piece to the coordinating flower petal base. Glue each outlined leaf to the solid leaf base. Press to secure the pieces together.
- Fold the tabs of the flower lantern base.
- Apply a dab of glue to the inside of the lantern base just under the slot. (This will help to secure the tab when it passes through.)
- Tuck the end tab into the slot creating a circular tube shape.
- Place the one of the narrow circular ring pieces over the tube shape you just created.
- Apply glue to the outside of one of the rows of tabs and secure to the narrow ring.
- Apply glue to the tops of the ring and tabs. Secure the thicker circular ring to the top.
- Image of what the lantern base bottom should look like.
- Fit the second narrow ring around the other side of the tube.
- Apply glue to the outside of the tabs and secure to the narrow ring.
- Place a flameless votive candle inside the tube.
- Apply glue to the tops of the ring and tabs and secure the thicker circular ring to the top.
- Fold the tabs in the center of the two largest combined flowers. The section with three petals tabs go up and the double petal section the tabs get folded down.
- Apply glue to the outside of one set of tabs and secure to the other set.
- Image of the tabs glued together.
- While the two large flowers dry; curve the two combined stamen pieces and the two combined leaves as you like. I flipped the stamen pieces over( pretty side down) and then rolled the petals up. This section was really curved so I wanted the outline to show from the top.
- Apply glue to the top ring of the lantern base.
- Secure the leaves on the lantern base.
- Apply glue to the lantern base over the top of the leaves that you just placed.
- Curve the flower petals of the double combined flowers on the lantern base. Center and secure the combined large flowers to the lantern base.
- Apply glue to the bottom ring of the long stamen piece and attach it to the center of the flameless candle around the flame.
- Apply glue to the bottom ring of the double petal combined stamen. Center and attach over the other stamen piece that you just placed.:)
- You can purchase this design here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222